Forskolin has been called “Lightning in a bottle” by Dr. Oz for its amazing weight loss benefits. But with the market full of scam products making false claims, it is difficult to identify legit from hype.
While there are no miracle pills that can lose weight for you will you eat away, some natural supplements like Forskolin and Garcinia Cambogia can really support your weight loss goals naturally without the dangerous side effects.
Take a look at the more detailed review of the Forskolin supplement and decide for yourself!
What is Forskolin?
Forskolin is a natural weight loss extract that has incredible fat burning properties as well as helps gain muscle mass.
Extracted from Coleus Forskholii plant root, that belongs to the mint family, it has been used for ages in ancient medicine to treat various conditions such as cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and respiratory conditions like asthma.
However, it came into the spotlight after being featured in the Dr. Oz show as the latest natural weight loss extract.
How does it work?
Forskolin helps stimulate the release of stored fat from the fat cells metabolism and has positive effects on fat metabolism.
- Forskolin has been proven to activate an enzyme called adenylate cyclase, resulting in increased cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) in cells, that has the ability to boost calorie burning mechanism with the body and improve metabolism.
- cAMP is also responsible for stimulating an enzyme in your body called hormone sensitive lipase that helps burn away stored fat.
- It is also believed to curb appetite and assist in weight loss.
- Forskolin has also been shown to increase lean body mass and alter body’s composition by reducing fat and increasing muscle.
Combined with regular exercise and clean eating, Forskolin can show positive results with toned muscles, firmer abs and leaner body.
Research and Clinical Studies
There is ample evidence and government studies that proves the effectiveness of Forskolin in weight loss.
The studies published in National Insititute of Health indicate that Forskolin increased cAMP production and stimulates the release of stored fat from fat cells.
According to a study published in the Obesity journal, Forskolin has positive effects in altering the body composition, significantly reducing body fat percentage and fat mass and increasing lean body mass compared with the Placebo group.
Research has also shown its positive effects in protecting skin, stimulating thyroid function and effect on insulin and blood glucose secretion.
The positive effects of Forskolin extend beyond just promoting weight loss and promotes overall health like-
- Helps burn stubborn belly fat.
- Improves lean muscle mass.
- Boosts metabolism resulting in stored fat loss.
- Inhibits new fat storage.
- Stimulates thyroid gland to improve functioning assisting in weight management.
- Improves blood circulation and prevents and treat cardiovascular diseases.
- Effective in improving skin condition and treating skin allergies including eczema, psoriasis, acne as well as cuts and wounds.
- Helps treat digestive disorder.
- Fights depression, anxiety and sleep disorders.
- Helps treat irritable bowel syndrome and urinary tract infection.
- Brings relief in asthma symptoms.
- Boosts immunity.
Dosage and Side Effects
Recommended dosage of Forskolin is 100-250gms of 10% Forskolin twice a day. Always look for pure natural extract with minimum additives, chemicals and fillers.
Forskolin is considered generally safe with no serious effects on humans, but its safety profile has not been completely evaluated. Hence if you are nursing, pregnant or taking medications for heart diseases, blood thinning, diabetes or kidney problems, you should avoid taking Forskolin.
A few reported side effects include low blood pressure, elevated heart rate and increased stomach acid levels. Always remember to first consult a doctor and talk about your condition before taking the supplement.
Post Contributed by Namrata Kothari
Namrata is software engineer by education and a food and fitness blogger by passion. She is a lover of yoga and satire and has always been fascinated about nutrition and healthy living, but the real journey of research started after having 2 children. She wanted to pass on good eating habits and balanced diet for their holistic growth, and started writing as a resource for others interested in the same. Namrata currently lives in Bangalore. She is also a contributing health writer for superfoodliving.com
Read more of her articles here:
If you’re interested in working with her either in person or remotely, please email her at email@example.com
The contents of this article are the opinions and research of the author and are in no way endorsed, or not, by HealthSifu.com